Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Pets at ballgames

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Pets at ballgames

    people, JUST DON'T DO IT. Why bring your dog to the game? do you give it water during the game?
    It just buggs me to see pets at games.

    OK, off the box now.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    I'll bring one of mine if I'm not working a game (weather permitting - they dont go out in extreme cold or rain)

    They get water (we bring a bottle for them - a no brainer).
    They stay on a leash. They are taken out to potty before the game and there's never been any 'accidents' to clean up (but if there were accidents it would be cleaned up).

    I can't say why others take their dogs out but for mine it's a deliberate part of obedience training. Mine are started with interacting with the public and large crowds as puppies. When they are socialized to large crowds they are used to the activity levels and don't bark or get worked up or act ill in general - it's a good practice in obedience for them. Compared to a 2 hour trip around a few hundred people, sitting in a vets waiting room with a few people is a piece of cake, for example. They dont get wound up while on walks if they see strangers or strange dogs.

    I'll add to that my dogs all average only about 15 pounds.
    I do feel that in crowds that size, that if you can't pick up and carry your dog it shouldn't be there, and children should not be "in charge" of a dog.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    I was talking to someone a couple weeks ago about this. When Clintwood played JB in their scrimmage, there were at least half a dozen teenage girls with dogs in the stand. I don't understand the fad. Leave your pets at home.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    So you guys just dont like to "see" dogs at ball games.
    Is it the misbehaving dogs that's an annoyance? People not properly caring for them? Or just their mere existance?

    Like I said above I do take mine out to many different venues, but with a definite purpose.

    Another example: we took our most recent foster dogs to a public event this week and within 2 hours had someone from that event put in an adoption application for him. Interaction with the public is important. Potential adopters like to see well behaved dogs.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    It is the whole lookie at me and my pet aspect that buggs the crap out of me.

    I love my dogs and they are a part of my family but there are places that they should not go with me.

    I love dogs, have 3 myself but like Lung said "there were at least half a dozen teenage girls with dogs in the stand. I don't understand the fad"
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the taking your pet into store's that have signs on the outside of the building saying they are not allowed buggs the crap out of me.
    </div></div>

    Oh yes - THAT does annoy me.
    we have people trying to bring dogs INSIDE the hospital into patient rooms and then get offended when we ask them to remove the dogs. What planet are they living on?
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    I use to take a 60 lbs English Bulldog with me all the time, well, the truth is, your not supposed to have any pets at any LPD sporting event. I was informed and so I had to stop bringing him, Id only take him to JV games though.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    1st. I just don't see the point. It's not a dog show. Now, you might do the proper things to control your animals when in public, but when there are a half dozen teenage girls with dogs, it could turn into a bad situation. At the JSB situation I mentioned above, there was almost a dog fight. There were two dogs about 20 feet away from each other that would have loved nothing more than to get together. I'm sure Counts remembers the situation because I made a little joke about Mike Vick. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

    2nd. Sure, dogs barking is something I don't want to endure while watching a ball game. Nor is the anxiety caused by waiting for a dog fight, or someone getting bitten.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1st. I just don't see the point. It's not a dog show. Now, you might do the proper things to control your animals when in public, but when there are a half dozen teenage girls with dogs, it could turn into a bad situation. At the JSB situation I mentioned above, there was almost a dog fight. There were two dogs about 20 feet away from each other that would have loved nothing more than to get together. I'm sure Counts remembers the situation because I made a little joke about Mike Vick. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

    2nd. Sure, dogs barking is something I don't want to endure while watching a ball game. Nor is the anxiety caused by waiting for a dog fight, or someone getting bitten.</div></div>

    Granted some people do poor jobs at controlling their dogs. Actually a lot of people do, from what I've seen. They'll bring out dogs that have never been in public before, or never been on a leash (as mentioned above - kids will do it because their friends are, etc.), and the result is never positive. I too hate it when someone sits and just allows their dog to bark - or even worse - roam.

    But not everyone is that way - dont lump the good ones in with the irresponsible ones [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    If I was near a dog that was showing aggression and not being controlled by the owner, I'd simply pack up my dog and move from the situation. Fortunately because of how my dogs have been socialized they don't return the aggression when misbehaving dogs are nearby,
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pets at ballgames

    No they're not. I don't want to make it sound like I'm saying that. I'm sure you take excellent care of your pets, and you've shown how much you care for animals on here. I just think it's a bad idea for anyone to bring a dog to a high school ball game, when 200 immature teenage girls will get the idea of "Oh, next week I need to bring 'killer' to the game.". Also, no matter how well you control your animal, or how well tempered they are, it's no guarantee on how another animal is going to act towards yours.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •